Sunday 28 October 2012

Christmas in October

I know, it maybe a bit too early for some of you to be thinking about Christmas, but its my favourite time of the year! Also with my visual display work I have had to start planning out my concepts and begin work on some of my window projects. I only have a couple more weeks til my first one get underway. I am finding this year to be even more fun than the last in terms of design and decoration ideas. There really is something for everyone, and it seems that more of us are getting into the actual crafting of decorations. This of course I am so loving, the crafting of your own decorations not only adds that personal touch, it is great for going green and most likely a bit easier on your pocket books. Unless you have it $$$ to do so and want to, I don't think Christmas decorating should be cause for a hug break of the budget. It is important that we remember the essence of the holidays and focus on the good times that will be had by all despite your decor choices. Along with any fun pics I come across, I will share with you some easy and cost effective ways to bring on the the Christmas season.

The Grafters Corner

Nature's Best

Working with natural elements is a great place for getting crafty and keeping cost low. Many of the items you will end up working with come from the outdoors and can often be obtain with none or little cost to you. Something to keep in mind- if you plan on using outdoor items, now may be the best time to start gathering them. The weather will only get colder and eventually we will have some snow.

Branch Beauty

Pinned Image

Pinned Image                                         Pinned Image


The possibilities are truly endless as to what creative projects you could come up with using branches. However you use them, they will always add whimsy and pack your home full of character.

The Crafted Acorn

Pinned Image


Pinned Image


The amount of ways you can turn this little piece of nature into Christmas charm is endless. They maybe small but pack tons of creative appeal.

Pinned Image

How sweet are these ornaments, just select your colours and get crafting.

Pinned Image       Pinned Image

A cluster dipped in glitter and the look is naturally beautiful.

Wrap it in Something Special

When it comes to gift giving. It all seems to start on the outside- a way of setting the tone for what maybe inside the wrapping. Even if what was inside missed the mark, it sure feels good to know that time was taken in the presentation of the gift.

A more a greener and natural approach- I just love these fabric wrapped gifts. It real is the only way I would see my grandmother package gifts for friends while living in Jamaica. They carry that old world charm and can serve as useful house hold items once the gift has been unwrapped. I have used fabric wraps with my banana breads or cookies and cant wait to use them with some of my other gifts this year.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Read it Then Pass it On

The newspaper wrap is other favourite of mine. I just love the way it looks, printed paper finished with pretty ribbons and bows, there is so much creative play taking place there.

Pinned Image


Pinned Image     Pinned Image


Pinned Image

I find working with newspaper as gift wrap to be such an easy approach, the one thing I have found is its best to double up on heavy items as the paper is so thin.

Thank you for stopping by!

Here to more fun Christmas decor ideas to come!

Happy Sunday!










Photo Via: Pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger