Monday 30 July 2012

Moodboard Monday ( Olioboard Blog Hop #3 )

As a mother myself, I was thrilled to hear of this months blog hop topic, Mom Spots. I loved the idea of creating a place for mothers to escape and call their own. With a million and one things constantly on the go, relaxation often takes a back seat in our lives. However without well spent moments of rejuvenation we wind up giving only second best to the ones that need us most.

I have created my boards around the Spa escape. A trip to the spa can not only be a costly venture but also requires alloted time, which can some times be hard to come by with multi-tasking lives. This fact, is what inspired me to create the Spa Serenity. The at home spa where a nightly escapes become the best part of the day.

I started my creations by putting together an inspiration board. On this board I was able to quickly select items that remind me of all the things that capture the essences of a relaxing spa setting.

Inspirational Board ( Spa Serenity )


I find undeniable calm from the colour green. Full of notes of nature, freshness and new beginnings, a soft, muted shade of green, is spa perfect. Coupled with crisp white, the welcome of renewed energy is evident. For warmth, I took the look of sand and stones and worked their textures and colours them throughout my boards to allow for a soft welcoming finish.

Materials and Finishes Boards ( Spa Serenity )



Here is where you can start to see your inspirations come to life. Using my inspirational  image selection, I can begin showcasing just their shapes, colours and textures and how to use them to create truly relaxing vibe.

3d Visualisation Board ( Spa Serenity )



Relax, Renew, Refresh, are words to live by when creating the perfect space for unwinding. In  keeping with the flow of relaxation, remember to bring in a little scented candle light. Scent is a great way help put you in a zone of pure tranquillity. Alo be generous with your towel selection on go for the super soft white look and feel, for wrapping your rejuvenated body.

Its all in the Details ( Spa Serenity )


Now that you have spent time at the Spa via my boards, please join the other 12 Bloggers on board and see just where their Mom spot will take you.

Below please find the links to the blogs and bloggers participating this in this months Blog Hop:




 





 

 

 
 







 
Thanks again to Olioboard http://olioboard.com/ its been another fun fulled day boarding with you!!

Thank you for stopping by readers!!
Antointte,
"Making it happen with every PUSH"

19 comments:

  1. Every mom needs a spa moment! Love the ideas, the details, and the whole post! I'm going to take that bathrobe home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now...THAT'S a spa bathroom! Love it and all of your inspiration boards...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! It really feels like a spa oasis. Great attention to details!! Julie at Simply Savvy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could definitely see myself in this Spa getaway!! Great job on your Olioboard creation and I love all of the added details!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Spa getaway. I love these boards. I dream of having perfectly white plush towels again. All of mine are mismatched with bleach spots. Your 2nd board inspires me to go out and re-stock my towels now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I had to do a throw and replace lately. Felt great!!

      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  6. Those glass pendants are FAB! Love this serene space girl! Fantastic!!!! I'm soaking in that tub, so give me an hour before you let someone else in here! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I know those pendants were so reflective of one of the plants in my inspirational board. Worked out well!

      Delete
  7. The spa looks great and the design is breath taking. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spa idea for a MomSpot! Also love the idea of a 2D and 3D board! Great inspirations! Happy Hopping today!
    Joanne @ Homestyling101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, I love to do it that way as it allows for creative development of project.

      Was a blast to hang to you again on the hop!

      Delete
  9. If only I would allow myself 10 minutes in that soaking tub! ahhhhh...lovely space Antoinette ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean Stacy. Thanks for your feedback

      Delete

Powered By Blogger