What an exiting time of the year! Back to school and off to the life of fun, study and a whole lot of late night. I say this with a smile knowing all too well what its like to in the College zone, only this time I was there as student and while being a Mommy to my seven year old daughter. Being a recent college grad I remember so very well all the things I needed to make the time spent in my workspace inspiring as well as functional. I lived only minutes away from my college so of course my living conditions were at home. I did have a some friends staying on campus however, and we were always talking decor, naturally. More than anything for wishing for their dorm rooms to be more stylish, welcoming and the need for colour and storage. Today I want to take you on the "board tour", working from concept, to a 3d and realistic creation of this eclectic dorm room.
Let your inspiration come from the life you live. Your dorm room is an extension of your personality. Take YOU into your space and remind yourself you are so much more than just a student by day and a study bunny by night.
Must have for a great dorm room living:
1. Comfy Bedding- While the word sleep may be hard to come by with late night studies and projects, its extremely important. So the time you do get to put in some Zzz, do it in comfort and style.
2. A Great Desk- Homework and projects are hard enough, make life easier and select a desk with a wide work surface and easy cleaning for those times when a mess comes with the project.
3. The Perfect Chair: More than likely you will be using this chair for more than just study time. Think comfort, remember sometimes it's hours before you even get up from one.
4. The Power of words: I love the idea of using framed prints with words. Words used in this manner can play such a positive roll in our daily lives as they act as reminders of so many things we often forget in the course of our busy days.
5. Storage, Selection: Just when you think you have enough, you realize you're once again in need of more. This is when I like to think boxes are a great fit. They come in so many varieties of patterns and sizes, it's easy to select ones that will coordinate with your existing decor. Also they store well under the bed or on the floor.
Dorm Decor ( 3D Board ) http://olioboard.com/boards/130040-dorm-decor-3d-board
The best thing about the college life is getting to know yourself even more. Through your learning and social experiences you begin to own the things that make you unique. That's why I think a dorm room is such a great place to start to show your decor style and best of all your overall character .
Thank you so much for joining me once again for Olioboard's Bloghop!
Please find below the other bloggers and their sites, They are sure to get your creativity going!
Charisse of http://cmcdesignstudio.com/blog/
Kate of http://dabbleinchic.blogspot.com
Colette of http://frugal-finds.net/blog/
Michelle Dunbar – Ortiz http://fashionhouseinteriors.net/blog/
Julie of http://gosimplysavvy.com/blog/
Matthew of http://hlminteriordesign.com
Joanne of http://homestyling101.blogspot.ca/
Lynda of http://nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com
Selma of http://blog.selmahammer.com
Ana of http://whitelineninteriors.net/blog/
Making it happen with every PUSH